COVID-19 Guidelines, Policies and Procedures
Let's work together as a Club to Keep everyone healthy.
Please check player's temperature at home prior to every game and practice. if they are showing signs or symptoms of illness, notify your coach or team manager and stay home.
do not attend practice or training if you are not feeling well.
Any individual (player, coach, staff or parent/guardian) who has tested positive for COVID-19 must be symptom free after 10 days and cleared by a medical personnel before entering the premises of SJWAA Soccer Complex. Please note that we will follow all current CDC guidelines.
Any asymptomatic player, coach or staff member who has been exposed to an individual with a suspected or diagnosed case of COVID-19 will be restricted from participation for 7 (pending negative test results) or 10 days and monitored for any symptoms consistent with infection before being allowed to enter the premises of SJWAA Soccer Complex.
Any individual that tests positive or has symptoms consistent with COVID-19 has a duty to report to the Club. Report to either Director of Coaching Jonny Burns or Assistant Director of Coaching Rob Milner. firstname.lastname@example.org or 727.282.4660
*Please note: Parents are not to be on the field during trainings. They must remain socially distanced outside the fence or in their cars.
Game Day Procedures
- Player temperature checks to be completed at the gate
- Only family members for each player allowed to attend on field, and must socially distance per CDC guidelines
- Parents are encouraged to stay in the vehicle
- If sitting within the field sit behind the line and follow social distancing guidelines to position your seat
- Parents must return to the car immediately after the game (single-gate entry and exit enforced) no waiting for players
- Once parents are back in their vehicles players may leave the field of play
- We encourage EVERYONE to sanitize when entering the field of play (sanitizer on the gate)
- HAVE FUN
Florida Celtic Soccer Club (FCSC) has reopened its SJWAA Soccer Complex and in preparation to resume programs and training we are following the advice and directives of our local and state officials, as well as guidance from health and medical authorities to provide a safe return to play model for our staff, coaches, players and families. All staff, coaches, players and families will adhere to the below guidelines and protocol so that we maximize the safety of all participants. FCSC will follow CDC recommendations and other safety measures as they pertain to our sports complex and programs.
Below are guidelines, protocols and safety measures that we have initiated to ensure the safety of our players, coaches and parents.
Seminole Junior Warhawks Soccer Complex (SJWAA)
- Complex fields are only available for scheduled activities that have been approved by the Director of Coaching or Assistant DOC.
- Training activities will be scheduled during morning and evening times to limit the volume of people on the complex at any one time.
- Designate entry and exit areas for players, coaches and staff to ensure the flow of people is organized and limited in number.
- The conference room will be open by appointment only to players, families and coaches.
- Bathrooms will be open as needed. 1 individual at a time. Staff will disinfect and clean the bathrooms regularly and in accordance with CDC disinfection guidelines.
- Provide a safe environment for all.
- Provide a training plan that adheres to social distancing and recommended guidelines.
- Provide sanitization products, waste receptacles and disinfectant solutions for coaches and players to use.
- Develop a reporting plan and subsequent action plan.
- Continue to engage with local and state authorities and adhere to any and all guidelines recommended.
Any individual (player, coach, staff or parent/guardian) who has tested positive for COVID-19 must be symptom free after 14 days and cleared by a medical personnel before entering the premises of SJWAA Soccer Complex.
Any asymptomatic player, coach or staff member who has had extended exposure to an individual with a suspected or diagnosed case of COVID-19 will be restricted from participation for at least 7-10 days (pending negative test) and monitored for any symptoms consistent with infection before being allowed to enter the premises of SJWAA Soccer Complex.
Any individual that tests positive or has symptoms consistent with COVID-19 has a duty to report to the Club. Report to either Director of Coaching Jonny Burns or Assistant Director of Coaching Rob Milner.
If asymptomatic after 7 (with negative test) or 10 days since last exposure, the player, coach or staff member can return to participation or work. In this case, exposure means any one of the following:
- Caring for a person with a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 infection.
- Living in the same household as an individual with a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 infection.
- Being within 6 feet of an individual with a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 infection for around 15 minutes or more.
- OR: coming in direct contact with secretions from an individual with a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 infection (being coughed on, sneezed on or sharing a water bottle or other item).
- Exemptions made for employment environments (front line workers, police, nurses, etc...) following workplace safety protocols
Any staff, player, coach or parent/guardian reporting or demonstrating symptoms of illness at any point will be prohibited from entering the complex and must seek guidance from his or her physician before returning to training.
Training Plan and Responsibilities
- Prior to training, check your child's temperature and refrain from participation if he or she has a fever (≥100.4 degrees F). Florida Celtic reserves the right to check temperatures prior to allowing participation in any Florida Celtic program.
- If your child currently has any of the symptoms consistent with COVID-19 (click here); including coughing, sore throat, shortness of breath OR fever of 100 degrees OR sudden loss of taste or smell the child can not participate in soccer activities until cleared by a medical professional.
- Stay in or near your car and/or adhere to social distance requirements, based on state and local health requirements.
- In the case of inclement weather we will dismiss all to their parent/guardian immediately.
- Ensure your child’s training gear is washed after every training session.
- Ensure your child’s equipment, (cleats, ball, shin guards, etc.) are sanitized before and after every training.
- Notify the club immediately if your child becomes ill for any reason using the report form.
- Supply your child with hand sanitizer for each training session.
- When you enter the complex - we have designated areas of entry and exit onto fields.
- At the end of the training session, the children will be released slowly from their field maintaining 6ft distance from each other.
- Wash hands thoroughly before and after training.
- Bring and use hand sanitizer at every training.
- When you enter the complex go straight to your training field.
- Bring your ball and water bottle to the field.
- Do not touch or share anyone else’s equipment, water, snack, or bag.
- Practice social distancing, by placing your equipment, ball and water bottle aside your training space, keeping 6 ft from others.
- Maintain physical distance from your teammates (air high fives are awesome but no high 5’s, hugs, handshake, piggy backs etc.)
- At the end of training return to your parent/guardian immediately.
- Prior to training check your temperature and report to your respective supervisor if you have a fever (≥100.4 degrees F) or are displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- Upon arrival ensure you have disinfection spray, hand sanitizer and gloves. Contact the DOC or Assistant DOC if you do not have these items.
- Operate training on a Coach to player ratio that is suitable for social distancing.
- Limited field equipment usage (goals, mannequins, flags etc).
- All training exercises should be designed where players are at least 6ft from each other. Try to limit competition, scrimmages & physical contact.
- As players enter the training field - organize players immediately to maintain social distancing protocol.
- Ask players prior to the beginning of training if anyone feels ill - send them back to their parent/guardian immediately.
- Ensure all players have their individual equipment (ball, water, bag, etc) and set up a space for each player to have their equipment at least 6 ft from each other.
- The Coach is the only person to handle cones, discs, etc. Limit pinnie use.
- At the conclusion of training dismiss the players one at a time to ensure social distancing.
- Disinfect equipment (cones & disks) between sessions.
- Try to ensure 15 minutes between training sessions.
- In the event of inclement weather - coaches will return to their car and communicate to team updates on continuation.